|Environmental Technologies Industries
|Opportunity for Water Services Companies in Guyana|
· Improve the efficiency, operation, and long-range performance of the water and sewerage systems;
· Improve service to poorer (peri-urban and rural-coastal) areas, and to the Hinterland;
· Improve the efficiency of the revenue collection, customer service, and public relations functions, and implement the cost recovery policies of the GoG;
· Improve the effectiveness of human resource management, and the management of the water and sewerage systems;
· In collaboration with the NewCo Board of Directors, ensure implementation of the investment component that will be carried out in parallel and be predominantly donor financed;
· Effect the integration of the Georgetown Sewerage and Water Commissioners and the Guyana Water Authority, and the operation of NewCo as a distinct organizational entity.
The GoG’s intent in procuring the Management Contract is for a small team of Management Contract personnel to provide NewCo and its staff with the skills and tools to ensure a sustainable and successful water supply and wastewater utility in Guyana.
The Government intends to prequalify firms and/or consortia for the Management Contract. Joint venture partners or subcontractors may be needed to address the specific challenges of service delivery in the Hinterland. It is expected that invitations to bid will be made in October 2001.
Interested and eligible bidders may obtain further information and place a request for the prequalification documents at the Ministry of Housing and Water (address below) Mondays through Fridays from 09:00 to 15:00 local time up to and including Friday 24 August.
A complete set of prequalification documents in English may be pre-purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 15,000 Guyanese Dollars or the equivalent in US Dollars. The method of payment will be cashier’s check. The documents will be available from Friday 17 August and will be dispatched by courier. The Ministry of Housing and Water will not be held responsible for late delivery or loss of the documents so dispatched.
Applications for prequalification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address below by 15:00 local time on Friday 21 September, and be clearly marked “Application to Prequalify for Performance-Based Management Contract for Water Supply and Wastewater Services in Guyana.”
Ms Claudette Moore, Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Water and Housing
Tel: +592 22 56452