Environmental Technologies Industries
||Environmental Technologies Industries
JORDAN: WATER TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE TENDER
The Ministry of Water and Irrigation/Water Authority of Jordan invites U.S. companies or U.S. joint-ventures to pre-qualify for a single contract to restructure and rehabilitate a part of Amman’s water supply system.
The project will be funded through a grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development (U.S. AID) and all commodities, goods, and services will be purchased in accordance with U.S. AID guidelines.
The contractor will be required to supply all goods, equipment, and materials required to construct and install:
1. Approximately 60 km of ductile iron primary transmission mains; pipe sizes range from 1,400 mm to 150 mm.
2. Approximately 350 km of ductile iron secondary distribution mains; pipe sizes range from 600 mm to 100 mm.
3. Fourteen reinforced concrete ground storage reservoirs with capacities ranging from 1,000 cubic meters (250,000 U.S. gallons) to 15,000 cubic meters (3.75 million U.S. gallons).
4. Pumping and control equipment for seven pumping facilities; power requirements will range from 30 kw to 1,000 kw.
5. Four elevated water storage tanks.
6. Conduct a leak detection study on the existing distribution system within the U.S. AID area, estimate the current water loss, recommend rehabilitation measures and rehabilitate sections of the system selected by the engineer.
The anticipated contract value ranges from $55 to $80 million. Payment will be made in U.S. dollars (85%) and Jordanian dinars (15%). The anticipated dates for issuing the tenders and completing the contract are April 2000 and January 2003 respectively.
Pre-qualification documents must be collected in person from:
Hazen and Sawyer, P.C.
Attn: Robert Binger, P.E.
39 Suliman Nabulsi St.
Abdali, Amman 11118
Completed pre-qualification applications shall be submitted in person to:
Program and Management Unit
Water Authority of Jordan
P.O. Box 2412
Shmeisani, Amman 11183
Pre-qualification applications will be accepted until 12:00 noon February 27, 2000.
The Water Authority of Jordan reserves the right to reject any or all applications without explanation.
ITA Site Map
of Commerce International