window.location = "https://www.export.gov/safehrbr/list.aspx"Web Page for Safe Harbor List
window.location = "https://www.export.gov/safehrbr/list.aspx"
SAFE HARBOR LIST
- The organizations on this list have notified the Department of Commerce that they adhere to the safe harbor framework developed by the Department of Commerce in coordination with the European Commission. The safe harbor provides guidance for U.S. organizations on how to provide "adequate protection" for personal data from Europe as required by the European Union's Directive on Data Protection.
- There are benefits to firms who join the safe harbor, but participation in the safe harbor framework and self certification to the list are entirely voluntary. An organization's absence from the list does not mean that it does not provide effective protection for personal data or that it does not qualify for the benefits of the safe harbor.
- In order to keep this list current, a notification will be effective for a period of twelve months. Therefore, organizations need to notify the Department of Commerce every twelve months to reaffirm their continued adherence to the safe harbor framework.
- Organizations should notify the Department of Commerce if their representation to the Department is no longer valid. Failure by an organization to so notify the Department could constitute a misrepresentation.
- An organization may withdraw from the list at any time by notifying the Department of Commerce. Withdrawal from the list terminates the organization's representation of adherence to the safe harbor, but this does not relieve the organization of its safe harbor obligations with respect to personal information received during the time the organization is on the safe harbor list.
- If a relevant self-regulatory or government enforcement body finds an organization has engaged in a persistent failure to comply with the principles, then the organization is no longer entitled to the benefits of the safe harbor. In this case, the organization must promptly notify the Department of Commerce of such facts either by email or letter. Failure to do so may be actionable under the False Statements Act (18 U.S.C. 1001). That organization must also provide the Department of Commerce with a copy of the decision letter from the relevant self-regulatory or government enforcement body.
Search | Search By Industry Sector | Search By State
- Click on the organization's name to view its detailed safe harbor participation information.
- Click on "persistent failure to comply" to view an organization's non-compliance letter.
|Organization||Certification Status||Compliance Status||Personal Data Covered|
|146||AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Human Resources Data|
|147||AthenaOnline.com|| | ||Not Current|| | || | ||human resources data, email, and site usage|
|148||Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC|| | ||Not Current|| | || | ||Online web content, e-mail campaigns|
|149||Audible, Inc.|| | ||Not Current|| | || | ||On-Line|
|150||Audio Visual Services Group, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||off-line, online customer/prospect data|
|151||Aurico Reports Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||off-line, on-line, human resources data|
|152||Authentium, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Offline & Online|
|153||Authoria, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||on-line|
|154||Autonomy, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-line; Off-Line;manually processed; HR|
|155||Avature USA, LLC|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-line data|
|156||Avaya Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-line|
|157||Avid Technology|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Human Resources data|
|158||Avnet, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||All data including human resources data|
|159||Axentis Inc|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Online|
|160||Axio Research|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Manually processed data and on-line|
|161||Axiom Consulting, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-Line (behind firewall), Off-Line|
|162||B & H Foto & Electronics Corp.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||off-line, on-line|
|163||B2Mobile|| | ||Current|| | || | ||on-line|
|164||Babcock & Jenkins || | ||Current|| | || | ||On-Line, Off-line|
|165||BabyCenter, LLC.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Manual and electronic data for HR|
|166||Background Info USA|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-Line Data|
|167||Background Profiles|| | ||Current|| | || | ||All Listed|
|168||BackTrack, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||All listed|
|169||Backup To The Web|| | ||Current|| | || | ||Personal computer files|
|170||Barnes Group Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||All|
|171||Baxter International Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-Line, Manually Processed, Human Resources|
|172||Bazaarvoice, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||on-line, off-line and manually processed|
|173||BBDP Inc.|| | ||Not Current|| | || | ||off-line, on-line|
|174||BBG Communications, Inc.|| | ||Current|| | || | ||electronic and manually processed data|
|175||BBK Healthcare, Inc. (dba BBK Worldwide)|| | ||Current|| | || | ||On-Line, Off-Line|